Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Managing Conflict: Onsite Customized Training Course
Howard Community College's Business Training Center (BTC) can customize a course on virtually any topic desired by your organization. Their trainers will work with you to determine the topic, the time, and the place. From there, HCC will take care of the rest! If you're unsure of what your specific organizational training needs are HCC can help assess them.
This particular training course is designed to provide students with an understanding of their own strengths, weaknesses and beliefs around conflict resolution and the techniques to effectively resolve conflict and maintain relationships.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for employees of any level of their organization. Whatever your specific needs are, this course can be customized to match and to aid your organization in achieving their goals. Each year Howard Community College's Business Training Center (BTC) trains thousands of employees and their satisfaction rate from their clients is consistently close to 100 percent.
The content of this Managing Conflict training course can be customized to fit the specific needs of your organization. A loose outline of the course is structured as follows:
- Strategies for dealing with conflict
- Stages of conflict escalation
- Techniques for surfacing conflict
- The difference between position vs. interest in a conflict
- Techniques to collaborate to resolve conflict
- How to deal with the emotions that surface during a conflict
- A manager's responsibilities in surfacing conflict
- Techniques for resolving a conflict between two people
- How to establish norms for team conflict
- Techniques to test for consensus
The objectives of this Managing Conflict training course are as follows:
- Explain the strategies for dealing with conflict
- Explain the difference between position and interest in a conflict
- Describe the techniques to collaborate to resolve conflict
- Describe the techniques to deal with emotion
- Identify the three stages of conflict escalation
- Describe a manager’s responsibility in surfacing conflict
- Explain the three methods of surfacing conflict
- Explain the three techniques to test for consensus
- Describe how to establish norms for team conflict
The cost of this Managing Conflict training course may vary depending on the specific needs of the client. To find out more regarding course fees, please fill out an information request.
Provider: Howard Community College
Howard Community College
For more than 20 years the Charles I. Ecker Business Training Center, part of the Howard Community College Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Development, has provided businesses, organizations, and agencies with comprehensive, high quality workforce training. Training from HCC...