Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Communicating as a Leader
Communicating as a Leader: Onsite Customized Training Course
Howard Community College's Business Training Center (BTC) can customize a course on virtually any topic desired by your organization. Their trainers will work with you to determine the topic, the time, and the place. From there, HCC will take care of the rest! If you're unsure of what your specific organizational training needs are HCC can help assess them.
This particular training course is aimed at leaders and supervisors at all levels. The course will provide students with a comprehensive overview of principles and strategies to better improve communication effectiveness. Best practices for influencing, persuading, motivating, avoiding communication breakdowns, and communicating with all levels of the organization will be presented and addressed. Topics include the distinction of leadership versus management, leadership challenges, and communication as mission engagement.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for employees of any level of their organization. Whatever your specific needs are, this course can be customized to match and to aid your organization in achieving their goals. Each year Howard Community College's Business Training Center (BTC) trains thousands of employees and their satisfaction rate from their clients is consistently close to 100 percent.
The objectives of this Communicating as a Leader training course are as follows:
- Identify five key strategies for effective communication as a leader
- Demonstrate how to add value in communication by recognizing and working with information which supports and strengthens one’s commitment to achieving the organizational mission
- Recognize the role that an effective communication dynamic plays in developing successful solutions to work and service challenges
- Demonstrate tactics to identify and resolve situations impeded by communication breakdowns
- Demonstrate ways to influence and persuade colleagues to benefit from effective verbal, nonverbal and symbolic communication
- Identify best practices for communicating up, down and across an organization
The cost of this Communicating as a Leader training course may vary depending on the specific needs of the client. To find out more regarding course fees, please fill out an information request.
Provider: Howard Community College
Howard Community College
For more than 20 years the Charles I. Ecker Business Training Center, part of the Howard Community College Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Development, has provided businesses, organizations, and agencies with comprehensive, high quality workforce training. Training from HCC...