Workplace sensitivity starts with mindset, perception, and healthy communication. Sensitivity leads to a Culture of Care and empowers teams to collaborate in a safe and supportive environment.
Our Sensitivity Training program starts with a basic overview of what sensitivity means and what is included in sensitive dynamics. We discuss how we may unwittingly offend others, especially minority populations, and how that can lead to a toxic workplace environment and high rates of dissatisfaction and turnover. We then dive into examples of abrasive and insensitive communication, misperceptions, and bias, for participants to critically analyze the impact of these triggers. We end with lively and engaging exercises and interactive games to build capacity around sensitive language and mindful interactions.
Course content includes:
- Defining sensitivity and respectful language
- Broadening perspective on what insensitivity can do
- Exercises and games to challenge common beliefs and assumptions
- Exploration of popular myths and misperceptions
- Consideration of non-verbal communication and messages
Participants in this program will have a clearer awareness of their own communication patterns, in order to choose their messaging more powerfully, respectfully, and mindfully, in future interactions.
Who should attend?
This workshop is especially well-suited for leaders who are struggling with insensitivity in their teams, between departments, or from top executives.
This workshop is highly interactive and includes:
- Partner and small-group discussions and deep-reflections
- Sensitivity-awareness exercises
- Creative games
- Sensitivity definitions and guidelines
- Skills for mindful and respectful communication
Harmony Strategies Group is a unique collaborative of mediators who bring Conflict & Communication Solutions to businesses large and small. Our seasoned conflict management professionals tap into decades of experience handling disputes and negotiations, to train leaders and executives better manage...
Find out more about this Sensitivity Training course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team