Windows Forms Programming Using C#Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
Windows Forms Programming Using C#
All available course dates
Windows Forms Programming Using C#
This course provides students with hands on experience using Visual Studio to create desktop applications using Windows Forms and the .NET Framework using C#. The course provides a thorough introduction to the C# programming language, including coverage of the essentials of the C# programming language, built in data types, operators, control structures, classes and methods, collections and exception handling.
Students then learn how to leverage the power of the .NET Framework to build desktop applications. Students learn how to build Windows Forms applications and use with a variety of controls to create sophisticated user interfaces. Students also learn how to use the BackgroundWorker to perform asynchronous operations.
Students also learn how to use ADO.NET to interact with databases and XML files. Students learn how Windows Forms uses data binding to display data in controls such as the DataGridView and Chart. Students will also learn how to leverage the power of web services by calling both SOAP services and RESTful APIs..
Other topics include: debugging techniques; using a .config file to control application configuration; building menus, toolbars and status bars; reading and writing files; interacting with the file system; and deploying desktop applications.
Comprehensive labs provide the students with extensive experience creating and deploying Windows Forms-based desktop applications.
This course provides thorough coverage of the use of Windows Forms to build desktop applications. Students requiring additional coverage of Windows Presentation Foundation, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC or WCF should contact HOTT or refer to HOTT's complete course listing for additional training courses.
Students who are already familiar with the C# language syntax may want to take the 3-day Windows Forms Programming for Experienced C# Programmers class instead.
Who should attend?
Prior programming experience is required.
- Introduction to .NET
- Language Fundamentals
- Methods and Parameters
- Windows Forms Applications
- Handling Events
- Data Binding
- Working with Menus, Toolbars and Status Bars
- Calling Web Services
- Introduction to Visual Studio
- Conditionals and Looping
- Exception Handling
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Using Controls
- Performing Asynchronous Activities
- Using XML
- Working with Forms
- Working with Files and Directories
- Deploying Windows Forms Applications
Course delivery details
Delivery Options: Attend face-to-face in the classroom,remote-live or via on-demand training.
Certification / Credits
- Using Visual Studio to create C# applications
- Working with .NET data types
- Creating variables with the proper scope and using operators to build complex expressions
- Designing and using classes
- Using control structures such asif,whileandfor
- Using procedures to build complex applications
- Throwing and trapping exceptions usingtryandcatchstatements
- Using single and multi-dimensional arrays
- Working with .NET collections
- Using LINQ to make queries
- Defining and implementing interfaces
- Working with enumerations
- Creating desktop-based applications
- Using control properties and methods to modify the appearance and behavior of controls
- Writing event handlers to respond to user interactions
- Using list-based controls such asListBoxesandComboBoxeson forms
- Using image controls such asImageListandPictureBoxon forms
- Accessing and displaying data using ADO.NET
- Binding data to controls on a Windows Form
- Using modal and modeless dialogs to interact with users
- Using the background worker to perform an asynchronous operation
- Calling Web services
- Reading and writing data from files and streams
- Deploying .NET applications
Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
Hands On Technology Transfer (HOTT) was established in 1995 and has always had the same mission: to provide the best possible IT training and always assure that students attain competence and confidence in the skills being taught. HOTT’s innovative approach...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...