PHP ProgrammingHands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
All available course dates
This course provides the knowledge necessary to design and develop dynamic, database-driven Web pages using PHP. PHP is a language written for the Web, quick to learn, easy to deploy and provides substantial functionality required for e-commerce. This course introduces the PHP framework and syntax and covers in depth the most important techniques used to build dynamic Web sites. Students learn how to connect to any modern database, and perform hands on practice with a MySQL database to create database-driven HTML forms and reports.
E-commerce skills including user authentication, data validation, dynamic data updates, and shopping cart implementation are covered in detail. Students will learn how to configure PHP and an IIS Web Server, and also learn how to implement RESTful servers for newer more data-driven sites.
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Who should attend?
Basic computer skills and knowledge of HTML fundamentals equivalent to attending the Website Development with HTML5, CSS and Bootstrap course. Prior programming experience is helpful but not required to learn PHP.
- Overview Of PHP
- Conditional Constructs
- Modularity through Include Files
- PHP Functions
- PHP 7 New Features
- Basic OOP in PHP
- Working with Data Files in PHP
- Configuring and Using MySQL
- Miscellaneous PHP Tasks
- Basic Scripting and Looping Constructs
- Introduction to the Windows IIS Server or Apache Web Server
- PHP Operators
- Working with Databases and Forms
- Arrays in PHP
- Writing OOP PHP
- Enabling E-Commerce
- Using Cookies with PHP
- Implementing RESTful Servers with PHP
Course delivery details
Delivery Options: Attend face-to-face in the classroom,remote-live or via on-demand training.
Certification / Credits
- Creating and modifying PHP pages
- Working with variables and data types
- Using if/elseif/else statements to control processing conditionally
- Creating programs that include for, while, and do loops to process statements repeatedly
- Employing the break, continue, and exit statements to modify default loop behaviors
- Using and writing functions, including many new PHP 7 features such as type declarations, REST parameters and argument unpacking
- Using PHP include and restore
- Creating arrays
- Manipulating strings in PHP using built-in functions
- Maintaining state using cookies, session variables, hidden form fields and query strings
- Using PHP to manipulate files
- Identifying and handling the three main types of errors that can occur when programming with PHP
- The fundamental techniques necessary to create a shopping cart solution
- Introduction to OOP (Object Oriented Programming) in PHP
- Using an object-oriented API to access SQL to SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE data from tables
- Using the phpMyAdmin utility to administer the MySQL database
- Using OOP in PHP to define and use classes
- Implementing RESTful servers with OOP PHP
Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
Hands On Technology Transfer (HOTT) was established in 1995 and has always had the same mission: to provide the best possible IT training and always assure that students attain competence and confidence in the skills being taught. HOTT’s innovative approach...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...