Java ProgrammingHands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
All available course dates
This course introduces experienced programmers to Java technology and Java programming techniques. Included are core language concepts including fundamental data types, flow control, and standard function libraries. The course emphasizes object oriented programming and modular design to support distributed development environments. Included are the design of classes and objects, inheritance and polymorphism, and the details about creating programs for use on a distributed network, with emphasis on JSP, Servlets, and JDBC. The course also includes coverage of the Java Collections API, fundamental I/O, exceptions, and exception handling.
The course is designed to leverage the participants' existing programming skills and to highlight the new and extended features of the Java programming framework as compared to other common languages. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Who should attend?
Basic programming skills in a structured language. Knowledge and experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD) is helpful, but not required when learning to code Java.
- Introduction to Java
- Java Syntax Fundamentals
- Flow of Control
- Developing Java Classes
- Type Safety
- Exceptions and Exception Handling
- Network Programming
- Java Database Connectivity
- JavaServer Pages (JSPs)
- Developing Software Using Java
- Data Types and Operators
- Using Java Classes and Objects
- The Collections Framework
- Basic Input and Output (I/O)
- Java Web Applications
Course delivery details
Delivery Options: Attend face-to-face in the classroom,remote-live or via on-demand training.
Certification / Credits
- The advantages of using the Java platform
- How to code, compile and run standalone object-oriented Java programs
- Designing and writing Java classes suitable for a given application domain
- Writing robust Java software that gracefully handles run-time problems
- Coding Java programs using correct syntax and block structure
- Using Java to read from and write to files
- Manipulating files and directories in a platform-neutral way
- Writing multithreaded software
- Writing Java client/server software using TCP/IP networking
- Accessing and updating relational databases from Java software
- Writing and running servlets and JSPs
- Creating graphical user interfaces for Java software
- Writing web-based applications in Java
- How to download, install and use the tools in the Java Development Kit
Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
Hands On Technology Transfer (HOTT) was established in 1995 and has always had the same mission: to provide the best possible IT training and always assure that students attain competence and confidence in the skills being taught. HOTT’s innovative approach...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 6 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training