Node.js Application DevelopmentHands on Technical Training (HOTT)
Node.js Application Development
This hands on Node.js course will teach front end designers and server side developers how to rapidly create, maintain, and deploy Node.js applications. This course includes thorough coverage of the Node.js architecture, the V8 engine and the Node Ecosystem. The course takes a practical approach to creating and organizing Node.js applications using functions and modules as part of the Node.js organizational structure. This course will provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of Node.js core modules and how to procure and install packages using npm. Attendees will learn to identify and correct problems through unit testing and exception handling.
Attendees will learn how to use Node.js to create Command Line Interface applications for system administration and process management, use Node.js networking modules to communicate with TCP/IP clients and servers such as HTTP servers, and create / consume REST (Representational State Transfer) data services. Attendees will learn how to leverage frameworks such as Express to rapidly build Web Applications. Attendees will learn how to use Node.js to connect to NoSQL databases such as MongoDB to store, retrieve, and manipulate data (i.e., achieve data persistence).
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
- Attend face-to-face in the classroom
- Remote-live (live, instructor-led training from the convenience of your home or office)
- On-demand streaming (train on your own time and at your own pace)
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Do you have questions about this training and how COVID-19 might affect it?
At findcourses.com we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are the training suppliers we partner with.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this training in light of COVID-19.
Who should attend?
- The Event Loop
- Asynchronous Execution
- Node.js Architecture
- Node.js Core Modules
- Node.js Projects and Applications
- Node.js Command Line Arguments
Node.js Global Environment
- Global Objects
- The process Object
- Buffers and Buffer Manipulation
- Arrow Functions
- let and const Keywords
- Enhanced Object Literals
- Map and Set Collections
- WeakMap and WeakSet Collections
- String Template Literals
Installation and Configuration
Programming Fundamentals with Node
- Using Modules to Organize Code
- Creating and Reusing Code with Modules
- Asynchronous Programming Fundamentals
- Using Callbacks to Handle Events
- Using EventEmitters to Handle Repeating Events
- Type Testing with the util Module
- The Node.js Module Loading System
- Module Caching
Unit Testing and Debugging with Node.js
- Implementing Unit Tests with the Assert Module
- Test Driven Development with Nodeunit
- Behavioral Testing with Mocha
- Facilitating Debugging with the Console Module
- Working with the Node.js Debug Utility
System and Data Interaction With Node
- Interacting with the System Using the os Module
- Working with the File System Using the fs and path Modules
- Managing Data Flow with Pipes and Streams
- Synchronous vs. Asynchronous File System Interaction
- Using Buffers to Read and Manipulate Binary Data
- Handling and Transforming File Path Information with the path Module
- Spawning and Managing Processes using the process Module
Data Persistence with Node.js
- Data Persistence Mechanisms
- MongoDB Capabilities
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Using the fs Module to Read and Write Files Synchronously and Asynchronously
Web Application and Network Programming
- Using Express to Rapidly Build and Deploy Web Applications
- REST-Based Web Service Fundamentals
- Creating HTTP Servers and Clients Using the http Module
- Sending HTTP Requests and Receiving HTTP Responses
- Making DNS Requests with the dns Module
- Creating TCP Clients and Servers with the net Module
Process Management with the process Module
- Executing External Applications
- Attaching and Detaching Child Processes
- Facilitating Inter-Process Communication between Node.js Processes
- Making Node.js Applications Executable
- Planning Modules
- Working with the package.json File
- Working with Dependencies
- Understanding Semantic Versioning
- Testing Modules
Why choose HOTT?
50% of class time is hands-on lab exercises
Public classes average less than 12 students
Courses cover over 60 different subject areas
Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc. (HOTT)
We offer competency-based IT training programs in more than 100 cities across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, covering over 60 IT subject areas. These programs are designed with one main goal – making sure you and your staff...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...