Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
HIPAA 2017 - A 2-day seminar
The Omnibus rule has changed the HIPAA landscape forever, so this refresher course will address major changes to this rule and other pplicable updates for 2017 and beyond. Drawing from over 17 years of experience in compliance auditing, the instructor will explore the following topics:
- History of HIPAA
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- How to perform a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
- What is involved in a Federal audit and how is it conducted
- Risk factors for a federal audit
- EHR and HIPAA
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Associates and HIPAA
- In depth discussions on IT down to the nuts and bolts
- Risk factors that can cause an audit (low hanging fruit)
- New rules which grant states ability to sue citing HIPAA on behalf of a patient
- New funding measures
- ....much, much more
Who should attend?
This course in HIPAA is designed for practical managers, compliance officers and any business associates that work with private health information.
- Lecture 1: HIPAA Privacy Rule vs HIPAA Security Rule
- Lecture 2: HITECH Act
- Lecture 3: HIPAA -History
- Lecture 4: Information Technology
- Lecture 5: Breach Notification Rule
- Lecture 6: Omnibus Rule
- Lecture 7: Business Associates
- Lecture 8: Current Court Cases (precedence)
- Lecture 9: Paper Based PHI Concerns
- Lecture 10: Disaster Recovery Concerns (Paper)
- Lecture 11: Psych and Infectious Disease
- Lecture 1: BYOD
- Lecture 2: Texting and Emailing
- Lecture 3: Choosing a HIPAA Consultant
- Lecture 4: Choosing an IT Group
- Lecture 5: Disaster Recovery Concerns (Electronic)
- Lecture 6: Physical Setup
- Lecture 7: Overseas Outsourcing
- Lecture 8: What the Feds are Looking For (low hanging fruit)
- Lecture 9: What are Factors That Can Get Your Practice Audited
- Lecture 10: State Laws and Patient Ability to Sue
- Lecture 11: How to Conduct a Risk Assessment
- Lecture 12: How to Write Policies and Procedures
Brian L. Tuttle Sr - Compliance Consultant & IT Manager, InGauge Healthcare Solutions
With over 17 years of experience in Health IT and multiple certifications including (CPHIT, CHP, CHA, CBRA and CISSP), Brian L. Tuttle is a compliance consultant and has conducted risk assessments, both onsite and remotely, for over 1000 medical practices, hospitals, health departments, insurance plans and business associates throughout the United States.
The price of this course is $1,295.00 per person.
GlobalCompliancePanel- Quality Training Solutions
GlobalCompliancePanel is a training source that delivers diverse, high quality regulatory & compliance trainings. These trainings are simple while being relevant and cost-effective while being convenient. GlobalCompliancePanel imparts knowledge of best practices across a broad range of user-friendly mediums such...