Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Bond Math: Onsite Training Course
This Bond Math training course is an in-house program offered by Global Financial Markets Institute (GFMI). This course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive overview of bond math, including the fundamental principles of both bond valuation and risk measurement. Students of this training course will participate in hands on and interactive exercises and learn to calculate and analyze a myriad of financial principles.
This training is offered to companies and organizations as an in-house or onsite course.
Who should attend?
This Bond Math training course is suitable for any and all students seeking a better understanding of bond math and its principles, including bond valuation and risk measurement.
Before enrolling in this training course, students should have a fundamental understanding of fixed income instruments.
The content for this Bond Math training course is structured as follows:
- Introduction to bond math
- Fundamentals of bond valuation
- Fundamentals of risk measurement
- Calculating present and future value
- How to price a bond
- Construct a basic yield curve
- Calculating modified duration
- Introduction to convexity (no calculations, just theory)
- Day count conventions
- Examining and calculating spot and forward curves
Course Outcomes and Credits
Upon successful completion of this training course, participants should be able to:
- Describe and calculate present and future value
- Price a bond
- Discuss yield conventions
- Explain industry day count and interest conventions
- Calculate and apply duration and dollar value of a basis point (DV01)
- Explain and apply convexity
- Construct a yield curve
- Calculate and explain applications of spot and forward curves
This course results in 7 CPE credits.
The cost of this Bond Math training course is available upon request.
Provider: Global Financial Markets Institute GFMI
Global Financial Markets Institute (GFMI)
The Global Financial Markets Institute, Inc. (GFMI) is a NASBA certified financial training and consulting firm that was developed, managed, and staffed by Wall Street professionals. Since their beginnings in 1998, GFMI have designed and delivered creative and highly interactive training...