Strategic Project Management
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Rice University.
Drive value creation with projects strategically aligned to your business objectives.
Who should attend?
This Course Is for You If:
- You’re in a management position that requires you to evaluate and select viable projects that align to your strategic business objectives
- You’re looking to articulate the business case for selecting strategic projects that will realize value for your business
- You want to expand your project management expertise, contribute to your professional development, and improve your own strategic management skills
Explore the strategic side of project management and equip yourself with practical tools as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
Module 1: The 21st Century Project Manager
Reflect on the skills associated with strategic project management.
Module 2: Strategic Thinking for Project Managers
Develop an understanding of the strategic mindset, and the obstacles and strategic drivers of organizational and project success.
Module 3: Value Management (Part 1): Mining Your Projects for Value
Utilize tools for managing and maximizing project value.
Module 4: Value Management (Part 2): Maximizing Value for Organizational Impact
Discover how managing and tracking value in benefits management maximizes project organizational impact.
Module 5: Strategic Project Leadership
Learn about the essential characteristics and skills of an effective strategic leader.
Module 6: Organizational Structures and Challenges
Discover the strategic importance of implementing effective portfolio and program management, and leveraging a PMO.
Module 7: Project Change and Risk in an Organizational Context
Illustrate the function of change management strategy and risk assessment in project management.
Module 8: The Way Forward
Develop effective knowledge management, team management, and personal skills to maximize your professional development.
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks excluding orientation
- 7–10 hours per week, entirely online
Certification / Credits
You'll Walk Away With:
- The ability to move beyond basic project management practices and align projects to your organization’s strategic objectives.
- The confidence to evaluate viable projects and articulate the business case for your projects using cost benefit and cost-effective analysis methodologies.
- Practical tools in project risk assessment, change management and leading virtual teams to increase project resilience.
- Key skills in benefits management, value tracking and realization.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...