Leading Sustainable Corporations Programme
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Oxford
Corporations are under increasing scrutiny for their contributions to society and the environment. Against this backdrop, a business strategy that considers its environmental impact is vital. There is increased demand for corporate leaders with the ability to drive sustainability and shift the traditional methods of value creation towards the concept of the triple bottom line.
The Oxford Leading Sustainable Corporations Programme takes an executive-level perspective on business sustainability, looking beyond traditional views of measuring and reporting on performance, to integrate environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) factors into your business practice. With a focus on corporate sustainability leadership, this programme aims to equip leaders with the essential skills to address this critical business need.
This Oxford Leading Sustainable Corporations Programme is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The programme has an estimated 60 hours of learning.
Who should attend?
Is this programme for you?
The Oxford Leading Sustainable Corporations Programme is relevant to a broad range of roles across industries. This programme is designed for professionals interested in actively leading and accounting for low carbon, circular and climate positive business transitions.
Whether you’re a current or aspiring business leader, or a senior professional with an interest in pursuing business sustainability management, you’ll benefit from learning to communicate and implement sustainable business practices and strategies that enable you to drive positive change. If you occupy a finance or operations function, or work in the banking, investment, IT, or manufacturing sectors, an understanding of new metrics of performance and integrated ESG accounting methods will help you facilitate the measurement of your corporation’s environmental impact.
The social responsibility of business has been a topic of debate for many years, and this programme explores the role businesses play in society, the environment, and economy. You’ll learn about sustainability leadership and develop skills for effective decision-making that takes into account social and environmental considerations.
You’ll learn about the different types of sustainability practices that businesses can adopt, including environmental resource management, social responsibility, and sustainable governance structures. You’ll also explore how to implement these practices in a way that is aligned with your business strategy and objectives.
Learn to lead sustainable change in your corporation as you work through the weekly modules of this online programme.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Corporate purpose and value creation
Responding to climate change
Natural capital and resource management
Ensuring sustainability: governance, risk, and reporting
Levers of change
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks Excluding orientation
- 7–10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Learn about sustainable value creation in corporations and earn an official certificate of attendance from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the programme handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the programme.
- This Oxford Leading Sustainable Corporations Programme is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The programme has an estimated 60 hours of learning.
What will set you apart
On completion of this programme, you’ll walk away with:
- The sustainability leadership skills needed to implement climate risk management and facilitate ESG integration in your organisation, creating long-term value for shareholders and society.
- An understanding of how to formulate effective KPIs to measure the impact and dependence of your organisation on the environment.
- A personal plan for change that you can use to integrate sustainability strategies into corporate governance structures.
- Access to new insights and leading research from Oxford Saïd to help you drive positive change.
- Unlimited access to both the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn and 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...