Executive Finance Programme
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Oxford
Gain a firm foundation in executive finance for strategic decision-making.
Over the duration of this online programme, you’ll work through the following modules:
Module 1 Valuation: Time value of money, net present value, and internal rate of return (IRR)
Learn how to calculate the value of a project.
Module 2 Financial decision-making: Measuring risk, return, and the cost of capital
Develop your understanding of financial decision-making strategies.
Module 3 Corporate finance: Raising capital effectively
Explore corporate finance in terms of capital structure, taxation, and bankruptcy.
Module 4 Exit strategies: Initial public offerings (IPOs) and mergers and acquisitions (M&As)
Explore critical decisions companies make and whether value is gained through decisions.
Module 5 Corporate governance
Explore corporate governance issues in companies.
Module 6 Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors
Discover the components of ESG factors.
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks entirely online, excluding orientation
- Self-paced weekly modules, 7–10 hours per week
Certification / Credits
This Oxford Executive Finance Programme is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The programme has an estimated 60 hours of learning.
On completion of this programme, you’ll walk away with:
- The ability to make informed, strategic decisions to drive your business forward with improved knowledge of executive finance.
- Confidence to engage in discussions around a range of financial topics, and communicate your business decisions with both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- An understanding of the key topics that are changing financial practices such as corporate governance, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing.
- Expert insight into exit strategies such as initial public offerings (IPOs) and mergers and acquisitions (M&As), and the ability to ascertain whether value can be gained from them.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...