Managing Within the LawFair Measures, Inc.
Managing Within the Law
All available course dates
Managing Within the Law
Our Managing Within the Law courses provide employment law training for managers and executives both in-person and online. These classes are appropriate for new managers and as refresher courses. Included are such topics as documentation, performance management, discrimination, retaliation and harassment prevention.
Managing Within the Law leads to lower employee turnover, and therefore higher customer satisfaction, which in turn drives profits. Good managers determine if people stay or go. This employment law training program teaches managers to live the company’s values, build consistency and trust across managers’ teams, develop and practice effective communication, and create a respectful workplace for all.
Managing Within the Law is an essential skills program that is a key component of every new manager’s training curriculum. It also is an engaging refresher for the experienced manager.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for executives, managers, supervisors, and leads.
Participants will learn:
- How Company Values Drive Decisions
- The Four Key Management Concepts
- Be consistent
- Have a legitimate business reason for decisions
- Document: importance, electronic files, how to write it, what to share and when
- Call the experts: your management, HR and legal team
- Effective Performance Management
- Treat employees fairly: good reason, progressive discipline, performance appraisals
- Setting expectations and coaching
- Keep your promises: policies, handbooks, oral promises
- Respect whistle-blowing
- Preventing Discrimination
- Stereotyping, glass ceilings, reasonable accommodation
- Hiring: behavior-based interviewing, illegal questions, references policy
- Protected characteristics
- Leading With Respect
- Recognizing harassment and bullying
- Address unconscious bias and microaggressions in the workplace
- The elements of hostile work environment
- Manager’s responsibility to prevent and respond to bullying, harassment and retaliation
- The platinum rule for treating others with respect
Course delivery details
Managing Within the Law is updated annually and includes your organization’s policies and procedures, small group discussions, video vignettes, skill building exercises, extensive Q & A and case studies based on actual legal cases. Our instructors are seasoned attorneys and highly engaging facilitators who use personal stories and appropriate humor to make these topics come alive!
Fair Measures offers this training as a webinar and also has a 2nd day of training for more experienced managers.
Contact the provider for pricing.
Why choose Fair Measures, Inc.?
All Fair Measures Trainers are Employment Law Attorneys with years of experience both in the classroom and the courtroom.
Serving across many industries nationwide since 1982.
Essentially known as the HR manager’s best friend, our training programs are key part of management development curriculum.
About Fair Measures, Inc.
Fair Measures, Inc.
Beyond compliance! Real legal training where managers and employees not only gain legal know-how, but learn communication and strategic business skills needed for employee engagement and retention. Fair Measures programs are highly interactive with group interactions, case studies, video vignettes,...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...