Facilitating Inclusive Hybrid Meetings
As the future of work is rapidly changing, so too is the future of meetings. As companies embrace hybrid and remote models of working, collaborating with some meeting participants ‘in the room’ while others join remotely is becoming far more common.
But the fact is, hybrid or blended meetings are much harder to run than ‘all in the room’ or ‘all-remote’ meetings. Post-pandemic, it is clearly no longer acceptable to lead a meeting focused primarily on the in-room participants while the remote participants ‘suffer through’, hoping they have the opportunity to be heard.
With facilitation skills now considered a fundamental leadership competency, this half day workshop was designed to provide skills, tools and practice needed to lead equitable, inclusive hybrid meetings.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- North America
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Any team leader, subject matter expert or facilitator asked to lead hybrid meetings.
Use this code to receive 10% off our public enrollment courses or your first in-house delivery (new clients only). The code is FINDCOURSES10.
Certification / Credits
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Name 2 technical challenges and 5 facilitative challenges of hybrid meetings
- Implement “minimum viable solutions” and optimum solutions for each of the 7 challenges
- Demonstrate the skills required by a hybrid meeting facilitator
- Plan & Design Hybrid Meetings by…
- Determining when to hold a hybrid meeting
- Preparing the technologies and set-up required for inclusive hybrid meetings
- Open Hybrid Meetings by…
- Setting the context to ensure comfort, safety and equitable access for all participants
- Designing warm-ups and introductions to create connection, familiarity and trust
- Set and referee norms to overcome barriers to communication and collaboration in hybrid meetings
- Manage Hybrid Meetings by…
- Ensuring the group has easy ways to a) share a visual collaboration/note space, b) generate ideas together, c) vote or prioritize together and d) work in sub-groups despite the distance challenge
- Engaging everyone in the meeting using tech features and facilitation techniques
- Intervening when typical hybrid meeting challenges arise
Why choose Facilitation First?
Facilitation First has been developing great meeting leaders since 1991
Over 10,000 satisfied learners indicate they would recommend our workshops to their colleagues
Facilitation First Trainers are Master Meeting Facilitators
Average rating 5
This was really great - all around well worth the investment of time and money and I will recommend that others in our organization take this training!
Great workshop! Some great ideas were presented that will definitely help as we move forward into the hybrid meeting space. Janice McLeod, Regional Municipality of York
Even if the trainer is facilitating the session virtually, he was able to fully engage the whole group, both in-person and remote participants.
Contact this provider
Facilitation First Inc
For over thirty years, Facilitation First has been top of mind for companies requiring Facilitation Skills Training and Professional Facilitation Services. We specialize in helping leaders and subject matter experts transition to the role of meeting facilitator, where a structured...