Hedging with LME Futures and Options: One Day
This course aims to provide a thorough understanding of the basics of hedging with futures and options, covering the market terminology, pricing, trading strategies and margining of LME contracts. Topics include how to lock-in future selling and purchasing prices, causes and management of price volatility as well as different hedging strategies.
Who should attend?
Who should attend
This course is suitable for you if you want to know more about metals futures and options, and the management of price risk on the LME. It is advised that you take Introduction to the LME before attending this course to fully benefit from this session.
Hedging with Futures and Options
- Basic concepts, uses and benefits of hedging with futures
- Basic hedging examples
- Contango and backwardation
- Setting up a hedging team
- Hedging with Monthly Average Futures
- Basic concepts, uses and benefits of hedging with options
- Options terminology
- Risk implications and motives
- Options pricing models
- Selling an option
Course fee: £1255 + VAT
Certification / Credits
What will you learn
- Learn how effective price risk management can be achieved with LME contracts
- Understand the benefits of hedging with futures
- Develop a knowledge of option hedging strategies and their outcomes
- Work through interactive workshops on hedging futures & options.
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...