Energy Academy: Module 2 - Petrochemicals and Alternative Fuels
A foundation to intermediate level programme to provide participants with an introduction to commodity trading across the oil, gas, coal, electricity, and renewables markets. The course will provide insight into each of the energy commodities, their global supply and demand characteristics and how they are traded physically and with derivative financial instruments.
We will examine the role of risk management and hedging and best practices and strategies for the trading of energy commodities. In addition, the programme will cover the latest developments in the biofuel, petrochemical and renewable fuels and how they are changing strategies associated with traditional energy commodities. Each module will also show how differing energy commodities interact with each other and with other commodity groups
This is a highly interactive course with exercises designed to increase participant engagement and uses up to date material and many real-world examples. Each module of the course will feature trading simulations that allow participants to use the knowledge they have built to develop trading strategies in an interactive environment.
Upcoming start dates
23 June, 2023
24 November, 2023
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend?
This course would be useful for those looking to increase their understanding of energy commodities and trading and risk management. It is particularly relevant to:
- Middle Office, Back Office and Operations staff in Energy Trading Companies
- Junior Traders
- Commodity Analysts
- Commodity Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Compliance and Regulatory Professionals who wish to understand the basics of trading
- Lawyers and Legal Professionals who wish to understand the basics of trading
Day 5: Module 2 – Petrochemicals and Alternative Transport Fuels
- The projected growth of petrochemicals and plastics to 2050 and its effect on mineral oil and gas supply and demand
- Basic Petrochemical Building Blocks
- How plastics and plastics resins are made and their uses
- How petrochemicals and resins are priced and traded and likely future developments
- The role of recycling and future developments
- Other petrochemicals; aromatics and alcohols
- London - £10590 + VAT
- Paris - £1695 + VAT
Certification / Credits
- Participants will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of energy commodities
- Participants will be introduced to physical and derivative trading of energy commodities and how they are linked
- We will explore current market trends and likely future developments with the use of many up to date exercises and examples
- Participants will discover how energy markets and other commodity markets are linked and how to use this knowledge to develop effective trading strategies
- Using our simulations Participants will have the opportunity to apply what they have learnt to practice trading energy commodities often simulating real historical tie periods and events.
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...