Effective Audit Committees
A very interesting and thoughtfully structured course PJSC Tatneft
Excellent, Very Useful, Relevant Non Executive Director, Large African Bank
Audit Committees are expected to play a vital role in governance and in building trust in corporate reporting. Audit Committees therefore need members who have appropriate levels of expertise and knowledge of the industry and of the company. This course will explore the fundamentals of the role of the Audit Committee and the nature and essential qualities of its members, particularly the Audit Committee Chairman. The course will cover the relationships with all key stakeholders and will examine all the key information flows and decision processes.
The course will be led by a governance and audit expert who has been involved with attending and presenting at Audit Committees for over 25 years. The course will equip participants with an understanding of the appropriate levels of knowledge and expertise and an awareness of the mechanisms and priorities for audit committees in today's complex and highly regulated financial services world.
Who should attend?
This course has been designed specifically for Audit Committee members and those directly involved in supporting and preparing information for Audit Committees.
This course will broaden the awareness of members of and advisers to Audit Committees and provide appropriate levels of oversight of financial reporting audit quality and other risks on the committee’s agenda.
- The Role and Responsibilities of Audit Committee Members
- What does an Audit Committee Do?
- What are the Audit Committee Essentials?
- Overview of the Relationships with Key Stakeholders
- The Finance Team
- External Audit
- Internal Audit
- Audit Committee Activities
- Membership and Attendance
- Financial Reporting
- Guidance on what must be Included in the Audit Committee Report
- Complex Transactions
- Audit Committee Effectiveness
- Annual Reviews of External and Internal Audit Effectiveness
- Annual Review of Audit Committee effectiveness
Course fee: £4495+VAT
Certification / Credits
By attending this strategic four day course you will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Audit Committee and its relationship with the Board and the Board Risk Committee
- Consider what prudent and effective controls sit around the Audit Committee meeting process
- Understand the critical relationships with key stakeholders such as external audit, internal audit, the finance team and the company secretariat
- Understand the relationships with the various regulators and the complexities of group structures and overseas jurisdictions
- Recognise common areas that can cause problems
- Take away key actions and ideas to improve on Audit Committee performance
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...