Economic Analysis, Financing & Modelling for Renewable Energy
Economic and Financial Analysis of Renewable Energy is a class that will work through analysis of different renewable technologies including LCOE, pricing for renewable energy projects, resource analysis and financing. The course will be hands-on where participants take turns sharing the screen and demonstrate how you can construct renewable analysis and evaluate materials that incorporate a variety of economic and financing issues. The course put emphasis on practical techniques with current data and covers batteries as well as corporate PPA's. The outline below is separated into five different sessions.
Upcoming start dates
4 December, 2023
Session 1: Solar and Value Drivers, Appropriate Lcoe Calculation and Reconciliation With Financial Model
- Overview of Renewable and Storage Value Drivers with Focus on Solar Energy
- Drivers of Value in Solar Energy Projects
- Reconciling LCOE with Operating Section of Project Finance Model
- Economic Analysis of Intermittant Power Versus Dispatchable Power
Session 2: Wind and Solar and Analysis of Uncertainty
- Introduction to Resource Uncertainty and Financing
- Case Study: Details of Solar Resource Analysis
- Case Study: Wind Resource Analysis
- Understanding Renewable Term Sheet and Applying Concepts in Financial Model
Session 3: Project Finance, Development Fees, Re-financing and Asset Sale Upsides in Renewable Energy
- Measurement of Value and Risk using Project Finance
- Debt Capacity and Project Finance Terms
- Project Finance Valuation and Upside from Selling Assets in Renewable Energy
- Re-Financing for Renewable Projects
- Development Costs, Risks and Fees in Renewable Projects
- Modelling Exploration and Development Options Geothermal Case
Session 4: Battery Storage Analysis With Renewable Energy
- Overview of Storage in Renewable Project Finance
- Battery Characteristics and Economic Analysis
- Measuring the Cost and Benefits of Batteries
- Batteries and Storage in Project Finance Models
- Contract Structuring in Batteries and Renewable Project Finance
Session 5: Corporate Ppas and Hydrogen
- Corporate PPAs and Merchant Pricing Overview
- Hydrogen Overview Grey, Blue and Green
- Economic Analysis of Hydrogen
- Hydrogen Downstream Costs
- Total Cost of Ownership from Hydrogen Versus Battery and Internal Combustion
- London - £5295 + VAT
- Dubai - £5295 + VAT
Certification / Credits
- Incorporate energy storage and battery analysis in analysis of renewable energy from an energy storage perspective and from an ancillary service point of view
- Learn practical tools to analyse renewable energy including efficient tools to work with wind, hydro and solar data; creating flexible scenario and sensitivity analysis to evaluate resource risk, construction risk, O&M risk and debt structuring; developing techniques to resolve circular references related to funding debt and sculpting debt without copy and paste macros.
- Understand the implications of project finance features in the context of renewable energy (sculpting, debt funding, debt size, DSCR, DSRA, debt tenor, re-financing) on costs and equity returns from renewable energy.
- Develop efficient ways to quickly compute the levelised electricity cost of different technologies using carrying charge factors and alternative financial models.
- Work through resource assessments and compute probability of achieving different levels of production (P90, P75 etc.) using hands-on exercises for different types of projects in order to effectively review consulting studies.
- Create flexible and transparent financial models of renewable energy from A-Z that incorporate resource risk, financing structure, tax treatments, alternative pricing policies and other factors.
- Evaluate the economics of renewable energy (including ancillary services) in the context of merchant markets and review the structure of corporate PPA contracts.
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...