Banking Fundamentals Academy: Module 3 - Transaction Banking
This programme is designed as a foundation course for participants who may have a limited knowledge of the transaction banking services.
Provides a robust introduction to the fundamental elements of cash management, securities services and International by a bank.
Day one: will focus on the structure of a corporate treasury function and the needs to control and fund working capital needs.
Day two: will focus on cash transmission services and include correspondent banking, payment & collection, services. The topics of credit cards, SWIFT and client access will also be covered.
Day three: will focus on the creation and processing of a trade, the legal, regulatory and compliance elements of a trade and the use of static data. The course will also look at the process of trade clearing settlement and safekeeping and examine the role of fund service, corporate actions, and operational risk.
Day four: will focus on the nature of trade, risks associated with exporting and importing, the documents of international trade, the terms of delivery and payment methods.
Day five: will focus on trade finance solutions including documentary collections, letters of credit, bonds and guarantees and basic financing products associated with documentary collections.
This is a fast-paced course that covers a lot of material in a highly interactive way. All sessions involve case studies and exercises which can be built around local companies or existing client files if desired.
Who should attend?
Who should attend this course?
Newly recruited staff within, client-facing, middle office, or back-office functions. Those within legal, compliance, financial control functions, or HR functions.
Day 1 - Introduction to Cash Management, Working Capital, and Financing Working Capital
- Introduction to cash management
- Importance of working capital
- Working capital financing
- Liquidity management
Day 2 – Accounts, Correspondent Banking, Payments and Collections, Card, and SWIFT Services
- Account services
- Correspondent banking services
- Payment and collection services
- Card services
- SWIFT services
Day 3 – Client Access, Introduction to Securities Services, Safekeeping and Fund Services
- Client access
- Overview of trading and a trade
- Operational overview
- Clearing, settlement process and safekeeping
- Inventory management
- Corporate actions
- Operational risk
Day 4 – Introduction to International Trade and Trade Finance
- What is trade finance?
- Understanding the risks associated with trade finance
- International trade documents
- Terms of delivery
- Methods of payment
Day 5 – Documentary Collection, Letters of credit, and Bond and Guarantees
- Documentary collections
- Bank financing associated with documentary collections
- Letters of credit
- Standby letters of credit and bonds and guarantees
- London - £5295 + VAT
- Dubai - £5295 + VAT
Certification / Credits
After completing this course, participants will:
- Be able to describe the role, and structure of a corporate treasury function.
- Know the benefits to a bank of the cash management business.
- Understand the banking products available to assist corporate clients in improving working capital efficiency.
- Understand the risks and benefits to liquidity management services.
- Know how to explain the role of a correspondent bank and correspondent banking services.
- Be able to clearly define and explain payment and collection services offered by a bank.
- Understand the role of the bank in the process of clearing, settling and safekeeping bank and client trade.
- Know the role of Fund Services with the bank
- Be able to describe the role of international trade and the structure of the trade finance market.
- Know the risks associated with international trade.
- Understand the banking products available to assist corporate clients such as documentary collections and letters of credit.
- Know how to explain the role of a bonds and guarantees in the trade process.
- Gain confidence in conducting both client and internal meetings in an informed and professional manner
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...