Banking Fundamentals Academy: Module 1 - Banking Products and Services
A foundation-level programme to provide participants with an introduction to financial markets and the banking industry. The course will provide insight into the financial system, the structure and role of a bank, the importance of the deposit base and bank funding, how banks generate income, the balance sheet, and regulatory issues. In addition, the programme will outline the range of products and services provided to both retail and corporate customers by a bank.
This is a fast-paced course that covers material in a highly interactive way.
Each session will involve case studies and exercises designed to increase participant engagement and cement the key points from the session.
Who should attend?
Who should attend this course?
Newly recruited staff within, client-facing, middle office, or back-office functions. Those within legal, compliance, financial control functions, or HR functions.
- Understanding the financial system and the role of a bank
- Understanding the deposit base and funding of a bank
- How a bank generates income
- Defining risk in banking and banking regulation
- Key bank performance indicators
- Retail banking overview
- Retail lending products
- Additional retail banking services
- Private banking services
- Corporate banking overview
- Corporate credit risk
- Corporate lending products
- Global markets
- Correspondent banking services
- Cash management services
- Payment and collection services
- Trade finance services
- Treasury and risk management solutions
- Documentation ISDA Master Agreement and the CSA
- Putting it All Together and Communications
- Exploring the bank’s balance sheet
- Overview of economics
- Understanding the financial press
- London - £5295 + VAT
- Dubai - £5295 + VAT
Certification / Credits
After completing this course, participants will understand:
- The role, organisation, structure of financial markets and a bank.
- How banks make money and differentiate interest from non-interest income.
- The structure of a bank’s balance sheet and outline why it differs from a corporate balance sheet.
- Why liquidity, capital, and regulation are of critical importance to a bank.
- A range of retail and corporate banking products and how they generate income and mitigate risk, and
- Will gain confidence in conducting both customer and internal meetings in an informed and professional manner.
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...