Python for Scientists and Engineers
This course will be delivered online due to new measures that are currently in place to slow the spread of COVID-19. The course will be taught virtually, with classes led online by an Enthought trainer in real-time on GoToWebinar.
We endeavour to deliver these virtual programs as we would a face-to-face program. Interaction with the trainer is encouraged.
This class is intended for scientists and engineers interested in using Python for their day-to-day computational tasks. These five days of highly interactive training will give you a rock solid base to build high-quality software in terms of both readability and performance.
- It begins with a one-day introduction to the Python language focusing on standard data structures, control constructs, and code organization.
- After a brief overview of the Scientific Python ecosystem, we dive into techniques for numeric data processing, including efficiently manipulating and processing large data sets using NumPy arrays and data visualization with 2D plots using Matplotlib.
- Next up is an introduction to time series and data wrangling with Pandas.
- The fourth day covers the necessary tools to write robust and efficient Python code: a unit test framework, the Python debugger, and more. The second half presents how to create interfaces between Python and other languages such as C and C++.
- The week wraps up on day five with a one-day module on building scientific Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs).
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
Experience with Python is helpful (but not required). However, programming experience in some language (such as R, MATLAB, SAS, Mathematica, Java, C, C++, VB, or FORTRAN) is expected. In particular, participants need to be comfortable with general programming concepts like variables, loops, and functions.
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to NumPy and 2D plotting
- Time series analysis and data manipulation with Pandas
- Software Craftsmanship in Python
- Interfacing with Other Languages
- Scientific GUIs and Interactive 2D/3D Visualization
- Building GUIs with Traits
- Interactive 2D visualization with Chaco
- Interactive 3D visualization with Mayavi
Certification / Credits
A class completion certificate is provided for the Python Foundations class.
Why choose Enthought?
Founded in 2001
Trainers are leaders in their respective fields, key contributors to global libraries. Each brings their deep domain expertise and passion for scientific python.
A leader in Scientific Python, Enthought provides scientists and engineers with training in the Python programming language, through courses on data science, data analysis, AI/machine learning, Pandas mastery and more. On-site courses combine classroom instruction with hands-on programming exercises, and...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...