Sustainable Corporate Financing: Foundations
The course Sustainable Corporate Financing - Foundations will provide the foundations of corporate finance with a particular focus on how sustainability aspects relate to corporate financing decisions. Four action areas regarding sustainable corporate financing are elaborated on and discussed. Theoretical know-how will be accompanied by case studies and practical examples.
These applications are meant to support participants' work on capabilities beyond the scope of this course, such as the critical reflection of public information and data and the feasibility to form their own opinion.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Course 1: Sustainable Corporate Financing - Foundations
You will learn to:
- Apply basic know-how to traditional financings, such as equity financings, debt financing, and bond financing
- Discuss the increasing relevance of sustainability for the financial sector and other firms
- Define sustainability in the context of finance
- Differentiate and critically discuss approaches to quantify sustainability at the level of the company (e.g., ESG ratings, impact assessment, ESG reporting)
- Differentiate investor sustainability strategies
- Assess and compare different sustainability focus areas and strategies of companies
- Discuss possibilities to integrate sustainability aspects as part of the traditional financing options and understand the need for additional solutions to finance transition and sustainability solutions.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...