Minimal Intervention Dentistry for Paediatric Patients
Dental caries is the most prevalent oral disease in children worldwide. It severely compromises the quality of life of children and their families. The cost of treating dental caries and its complications place a heavy financial burden on individuals, families and society. Minimal intervention dentistry (MID) is a philosophy of care that aims to conserve tooth tissues throughout a person’s life. It is an effective treatment approach with increasing acceptance among dental professionals. The MID management approach is highly applicable to child patients as it is friendly, reduces patient anxiety, improves patient behaviors and offers health-oriented treatment options. This MOOC will present the rationale and application of MID for preventing and managing dental caries in children, using evidence-based information whenever available.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Hong Kong, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
After completing this course the learner will:
- Understand the principles and philosophy for Minimal Intervention Dentistry (MID) in paediatric patients
- Be familiar with caries detection, risk assessment and management
- Describe non-invasive management of non-cavitated lesions
- Describe minimal invasive therapy for cavitated lesions
- Apply the principles of MID for preventing and managing dental caries of children in a general practice
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...