Management - Becoming an Effective Leader
Management is both an art and science in that through collaborative interactions, individuals are able to achieve goals. This course provides a framework for understanding the key functions of a manager, which are planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Characteristics of an effective manager include strong communication skills, the ability to formulate strategies and implement those strategies by examining multiple aspects of an organization. Managerial decision making influences an array of areas within an organization due to natural interrelatedness. Through application, students will be able to identify the skills necessary to be an effective manager.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Describe management functions and the related skills.
- Explain the process of strategic planning.
- Identify the managerial skills to make effective business decisions.
- Apply managerial skills that lead to effective outcomes.
- Select relevant communication skills required to achieve organizational goals.
- Explain the process of organizational control.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Doane University, a partner institute of EdX.
5-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...