Introduction to Kubernetes
Is your team beginning to use Kubernetes for container orchestration? Do you need guidelines on how to start transforming your organization with Kubernetes and cloud native patterns? Would you like to simplify software container orchestration and find a way to grow your use of Kubernetes without adding infrastructure complexity? Then this is the course for you!
In this course, we'll discuss some of Kubernetes' basic concepts and talk about the architecture of the system, the problems it solves, and the model that it uses to handle containerized deployments and scaling.
This course offers an introduction to Kubernetes and includes technical instructions on how to deploy a stand-alone and multi-tier application. You’ll learn about ConfigMaps and Secrets, and how to use Ingress.
Upon completion, developers will have a solid understanding of the origin, architecture and building blocks for Kubernetes, and will be able to begin testing the new cloud native pattern to begin the cloud native journey.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Basic knowledge of Linux Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Basic knowledge of container technology like Docker, Rkt is required
- Welcome & Introduction
- From Monolith to Microservices
- Container Orchestration
- Kubernetes Architecture - Overview
- Installing Kubernetes
- Setting Up a Single Node Kubernetes Cluster Using Minikube
- Accessing Minikube
- Kubernetes Building Blocks
- Deploying a Stand-Alone Application
- Kubernetes Volume Management
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Advanced Topics - Overview
- Kubernetes Community
- Final Exam
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Linux Foundation, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The origin, architecture, primary components, and building blocks of Kubernetes
- How to set up and access a Kubernetes cluster using Minikube
- Ways to run applications on the deployed Kubernetes environment and access the deployed applications
- Usefulness of Kubernetes communities and how you can participate.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...