Introduction to FinOps
Organizations using Cloud and DevOps face challenges to the traditional way IT has been procured, managed and optimized. Traditional siloes of IT, Finance, and Business are breaking down, and traditional procurement and financial management processes are significantly changed by the cloud. Cloud spend is more dynamic, less predictable, and understanding the vast amount of data on the cloud bill can be daunting. Companies want product teams to be more responsive to customer demand, for DevOps teams to build faster and better, and for costs to be managed tightly. FinOps provides a framework to align these groups within an organization to achieve these results.
The FinOps Foundation was formed in 2019 with the goal of helping practitioners learn from one another and develop new practices, concepts and tools needed to both align the work of internal Cloud stakeholders and manage the dynamic services offered by the hyper-scale Cloud providers.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Have a basic level of working knowledge about at least one of the major cloud providers
- Understand basic terminology of the cloud
- Have a basic level of understanding of IT finance terminology.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Linux Foundation, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$169
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The impacts DevOps and Cloud have had on how IT costs are managed
- What FinOps is and how it can address some of these impacts
- The principles of FinOps which guide its practice in an organization
- The considerations that go into forming a FinOps team within an organization
- The scope of the Capabilities a FinOps team would perform to achieve the Cloud use goals of the organization
- How the FinOps Foundation can help practitioners, cloud users, finance professionals, DevOps engineers and product managers to work with others around the world to learn best practices and support one another
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...