Creating an Organizational Change Management Framework - Transforming Strategy Execution to Realize Program Value
A 2015 Harvard Business Review study (Donald Sull, Rebecca Homkes, Charles Sull - Why Strategy Execution Unravels and What to Do About It) explored in-depth the specific reasons why strategies that are carefully crafted nevertheless falter in the execution phase.
- The worst scenario – no culture for supporting the benefits realization of Critical Success Enablers (CSEs);
- Brene Brown, the Man in the Arena, reflects on how important being in the trenches enables understanding benefits and being courageous enough to drive impactful program change.
In this course, you will join change leaders and learn the key principles of successful change management. You will understand the principles of change management as the foundation for creating the change readiness and benefits achievement culture. Challenging the status quo, building on key principles such as the Prosci ones, will increase alignment to business strategies and be anchored in governance excellence and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) rigor. This will allow you, over four weeks, to understand how to work with senior executives to drive enterprise change and practice the role of being a change scientist. Change agents who are able to use data and trends, balanced with diverse human expertise, will succeed in utilizing a structured approach for securing project deliverables and designing and adapting successful program delivery roadmaps resulting in achieving major changes.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Week 1: The first week explores how the focus of future programs’ success centers on creating value and dismantling the blockers of successful change efforts. A transformation program example will guide the understanding of the foundational elements of a healthy BRM culture and the close correlation to proper governance and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) implementation discipline.
- Week 2: The second week will demonstrate with consulting examples the secret sauce for cascading change and benefits ownership and driving benefits mindset across the various types of changes and portfolios of initiatives. You will learn key tools to drive sustaining change such as the benefits register and benefits breakdown structure. An important piece of the puzzle is the topic of benefits ownership and the criticality of benefits life cycle management across program efforts.
- Week 3: The third week will connect the dots across the skills necessary to become a future change scientist. You will explore new approaches, and skills, and focus on strategy execution, and the use of data and trends in supporting decision-making and reporting transparency. A government program example will highlight making business realization a holistically planned priority to be managed throughout new products and programs’ life cycle.
- Week 4: The last week combines the elements of change management with healthy company culture and strategy execution practices and uses an industry white paper to cover the vital importance of adaptability in program roadmaps that are benefits-centric in securing ownership of benefits. Program examples across world regions will offer tools to develop new ideas, experiment, fail, provide incentives, and open doors for creating inclusive diverse ideas competencies.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Maryland, College Park, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$249
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Build a Change Management Culture and forums anchored in governance excellence and Enterprise Risk Management practices to consistently achieve program benefits
- Develop next practices for creating short-term wins, Identifying, Executing, and Sustaining Change Outcomes while focusing on the role of the program manager in creating ownership, trust, and the successful benefits behaviors
- Understanding the context of programs and projects as change projects related to the business case to consistently focus on outcomes and realize benefits
- Become a Change Scientist by unpacking the importance of metrics, data, and trends
- Design adaptable change roadmaps adaptable roadmaps and fitting light governance to guide and co-create stakeholders’ shared ownership of programs benefits
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...