Business Model Testing
The world is changing rapidly and full of uncertainties. The future success of a business model depends on how well it is adapted to changing circumstances. Do you want to become aware of the relevant developments in technology, markets and society? And understand how this affects your business?
This business and management course will teach you how to stress test your business model. You will learn how to identify the relevant trends and uncertainties and how they impact your business model. You will analyse the strong and weak parts of your business model and look for opportunities to make your business model more robust and future proof.
You will learn through real-world examples from well-known companies and interact with fellow entrepreneurs. By the end of this course, you will be able to stress test your own business model to analyse its future success.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Secondary school; basic notions about business and/or practical business experience
Week 1 & 2: My Business model in a dynamic context
- Recap: structured description of a business model
- Sources and drivers of change: politics, economy, society, technology, legal, ecology (PESTLE)
- Trends vs uncertainties.
Week 3 & 4: Selecting trends and uncertainties affecting my business model
- What are my key stress factors and outcomes (=scenario axis development)
- Mapping stress factors on business model (facts and issues)
Week 5 & 6: Stress-testing my business model
- Confronting BM with the stress factors
- Create a heat map (=stresstesting)
Week 7 & 8: Improving my business model
- Analyse the weak and strong points (will my BM be sustainable in the future)
- What can I do to keep my BM sustainable? (=formulating concrete actions)
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Delft University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to identify which trends and uncertainties will affect your business model
- Evaluate how robust your business model is given trends and uncertainties
- Formulate concrete actions to make your business model more robust
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...