Basic Analytical Chemistry
This course introduces the principles of analytical chemistry and provides how these principles are applied in chemistry and related disciplines - especially in life sciences, environmental sciences and geochemistry.
This course, regardless of your background, will teach you fundamental analytical concepts and their practical applications.
By the end of the course, you will deeply understand analytical methodologies in a systematic manner. Finally, this course will help you develop critical, independent reasoning that you can apply to new problems in chemistry and its related fields.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Basic knowledge in organic, inorganic chemistry, and physics at high school level
Basic Tools of Analytical Methods
- Chemical Measurements and Analytical tools
- Experimental Error
- Statistics and Quality Assurance
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Sample Preparation
Chemical Equilibria for Quantitative Analysis
- Gravimetric Analysis
- Effects of Electrolytes
- Systematic Treatment
- Monoprotic Acid-Base Equilibria
- Polyprotic Acid-Base Equilibria
- Acid-Base Titrations
- EDTA Titrations
Electrochemical Analysis and Spectrophotometry
- Fundamentals of Electrochemistry
- Redox Titrations
- Fundamentals of Spectrophotometry
- Applications of Spectrophotometry
Spectrochemical Analysis and Analytical Separations
- Atomic Spectroscopy
- Mass Spectrometry
- Introduction to Analytical Separations
- Gas Chromatography
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Electrophoresis Analyses
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Tokyo, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- A basic background in the chemical principles, particularly important to analytical chemistry
- The ability to judge the accuracy and precision of experimental data and to show how these judgments can be sharpened by the application of statistical methods
- A wide range of techniques that are useful in modern analytical chemistry
- The skills needed to solve analytical problems in a quantitative manner
- Laboratory skills to obtain high-quality analytical data
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...