Applied Business Negotiations
In this ten-week online course, you’ll work collaboratively in small teams to work through obstacles and challenges and hammer out a deal that benefits both sides of a negotiation.
You’ll meet with learners across the globe each week in a live, interactive negotiating session followed by written communications based on each session.
Throughout this experience, you will explore the legal, business, social, ethical, and political issues that can arise during a complex transaction. And you will become a more effective negotiator with a better understanding of how to achieve mutually beneficial results for both sides. In addition, you will advance your skills as you go, with immediate instructor feedback after each negotiation session. There will also be an opportunity for verified learners to participate in live working sessions with the instructor and other potential guest speakers and professionals who have mastered the art and science of effective negotiations.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Enrollment in this class requires the successful completion of the Introduction to Business Negotiations course on edX.org
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Indiana University, a partner institute of EdX.
4-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$349
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The key elements of conducting a successful negotiation
- How to develop a negotiation strategy and creatively resolve issues
- How to identify, assess and achieve client objectives in a negotiation
- How to develop a holistic understanding of a transaction
- How to work in a team to present a coordinated strategy and build your oral and written presentation skills
- How to apply the fundamental concepts of business and law in a complex transaction
- How to develop written communications in the context of a transactional negotiation
- How to handle unexpected developments in a business negotiation, such as conflicting objectives, cultural differences, and impasses
- How to navigate the role of political considerations in business negotiations
- Tips to assess how you are performing at each stage of the negotiation process
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...