EMI's Technical Analysis
While using technical analysis can add enormous value to a firm, a lack of understanding can easily lead to disastrous results. This course explains the derivations, applications, strengths, weaknesses and variations of the major technical indicators and techniques.
The course is designed to help traders and risk managers in the energy industry gain a thorough understanding of the most popular and successful techniques and how they can be applied to their specific business. You’ll leave the course with an integrated framework for incorporating technical analysis into energy trading and risk management.
This course is worth 14 CPE credits and 6 EMI credits.
Topics covered include:
- The technical tools and techniques at your disposal to trade and manage the ongoing volatility and the price impact of the various energy markets
- A view of the main elements of technical analysis used for trading discipline, quantifying and managing risk, and coordinating with fundamental analysis
- Using trend lines, Japanese Candlesticks, support and resistance and retracement levels
- How to analyze and use volume and open interest
- The characteristics of the Elliot Wave Theory
- Calculating and using moving averages and MACD
- Using DMI, Parabolics, Stochastics, RSI, %R, Momentum, MarketProfile and Bollinger Bands. How to combine indicators and approaches
- Hedging and speculating with technical analysis
- Mechanical trading system development: trend-following, counter-trend and combining non-correlated trading systems
- Candlestick reversal patterns
- How to limit downside risk without eliminating upside potential
- Knowledge through real-world trading and hedging examples using realtime data with a marked-to-market evaluation
Contact this provider
Experience hands-on, interactive and exciting programs that set the standard in energy education. DTN's energy training is the most efficient, effective way to improve your energy industry knowledge and skills. You’ll learn from recognized industry experts who deliver forward-thinking instruction...