EMI's Physical Crude Oil and Products Trading
This highly interactive and intensive two-day physical crude oil and products trading course will provide the attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the U.S and international physical oil trading business from the perspective of both the trader and the supply analyst. DTN’s unique program delves into the details of the physical market on day one including discussions on the fundamentals, major crude oil and products markets, characteristics of the markets, operations and logistics, freight trading and distinct differences between the physical and financial markets.
On day two the program focuses on making money. Course attendees will be exposed to arbitrage (spread) trading as well as outright (long/short) trading opportunities. DTN will present approaches that work for physical trading as well as valuing and relating both physical crude oil and products back to the refinery gate. Finally the program will end day with a very exiting simulated trading exercise.
This course is worth 12 CPE credits and 6 EMI credits.
- Learn about supply and demand for crude oil and products
- Understand the principles of crude oil evaluation and selection
- Develop your knowledge of oil refining and products
- Explore physical oil markets, pricing formation, shipping, operations and contracts
- Gain knowledge about futures, swaps, options and Over The Counter markets
- Become familiar with trading techniques, terminology, hedging and physical trading
- Develop expertise in management of market exposure and price risk
- Improve your negotiation skills
- Understand the commercial aspects of the downstream oil business
Subjects covered include:
Contact this provider
Experience hands-on, interactive and exciting programs that set the standard in energy education. DTN's energy training is the most efficient, effective way to improve your energy industry knowledge and skills. You’ll learn from recognized industry experts who deliver forward-thinking instruction...