EMI's Introduction to Energy Trading & Hedging
Taught by recognized professional trader Richard Weissman, this course will give you the instruments, tools and techniques essential to being a successful energy trader.
This course is worth 12 CPE credits and 6 EMI credits.
This two-day introductory course examines all of the instruments, tools and techniques available to the energy trader today. You’ll explore the nuances and quirks specific to the energy markets, understand the risks and rewards across sectors and develop a macro view designed to improve your timing and help you develop a successful speculative trading or commercial hedging program. You will:
- Understand the ins and outs of designing your risk management program and your hedge objectives.
- Learn how to determine the appropriate hedge strategies for your company.
- Learn how to define your price/margin exposure.
- Understand how to implement. monitor and adjust your hedge strategy.
- Tackle various trading scenarios using real-time trading examples for all products in the energy infrastructure.
Contact this provider
Experience hands-on, interactive and exciting programs that set the standard in energy education. DTN's energy training is the most efficient, effective way to improve your energy industry knowledge and skills. You’ll learn from recognized industry experts who deliver forward-thinking instruction...