BD-101: BlueDragon Critical Thinking and Complex Problem Solving Indoctrination for ManagersDLE Technical Services, LLC
BD-101: BlueDragon Critical Thinking and Complex Problem Solving Indoctrination for Managers
According to the World Economic Forum,1 the top two skills that humans need to thrive in the fourth industrial revolution (i.e. the age of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence), are “Critical Thinking” and “Complex Problem Solving.” The BlueDragon Complex Problem Solving Engine is an accurate, scalable, flexible, repeatable, efficient and cost-effective framework that combines critical thinking tools with innovative “Lean” and “Agile” techniques that help to quickly and accurately identify the root causes and contributing factors that are causing human performance issues, equipment malfunctions and organizational and programmatic breakdowns. In most cases, BlueDragon cuts many man-weeks from traditional root cause analyses and accident investigations. The process is structured to eliminate much of the bias and undue influence that often plagues such analyses and can be easily scaled down to conduct apparent cause evaluations. More importantly, BlueDragon can be used proactively to identify root causes before they cause significant events.
BlueDragon was developed and refined by the author after more than 29 years as a root cause practitioner in the commercial nuclear power industry and the federal government. The author focused on creating a method that is simple to understand and used by a wide range of groups; from university students who need real-world problem-solving and critical thinking skills before entering the workforce, to federal government and regulated industries that are required to perform root cause analysis for complex and significant problems and take actions to prevent recurrence. Additionally, BlueDragon does not require the use of proprietary software, making it affordable and arguably the most cost-effective method on the market.
Who should attend?
- Executive Leadership Teams
- Managers with direct oversight responsibilities of complex problem solving efforts
- Project Management Professionals (27 credit hours)
- Lean Six Sigma practitioners
BD-101 is a half-day workshop to indoctrinate managers and the executive leadership team for organizations that have adopted BlueDragon as their method of choice for root causes analysis and apparent cause evaluations.
Topics for the indoctrination include:
- What is “Critical Thinking?” We’ll re-define Critical Thinking in practical terms and discuss some of the more effective Critical Thinking tools for evaluating human performance, equipment failures and program/process breakdowns.
- How BlueDragon®combined Critical Thinking tools with “Lean” and “Agile” techniques to create a Complex Problem Solving Framework that efficiently and effectively identifies root causes and contributing factors for human performance issues, equipment malfunctions and organizational and programmatic breakdowns.
- Examples of BlueDragon®in action.
- Classic issues that diminish the effectiveness of root cause analysis, including:
- Why typical root cause analyses are too labor intensive and inefficient;
- Why too often root cause analyses do not identify the root causes;
- Misconceptions about how root causes are actually identified; and
- Why is anyone still using the Fishbone?
- Why do managers (and regulators) behave as though they have the answer keywhen reviewing root causes (and the risks they take by hijacking root causes)?
- The scalability of BlueDragon and how to use it to stop adverse trends before their root causes cause more significant events.
- Overview of effective and ineffective corrective actions to prevent recurrence and Mistake Proofing.
- Management checklist for engaging the BlueDragon teams and the risks associated with "hijacking" RCAs.
DLE Technical Services, LLC
DLE Technical Services, LLC was established in 2006 and is certified by VetBiz as a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB). DLE is a Prime Contractor for the Department of Energy (DOE), providing technical support to DOE nuclear project sites, Uranium...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team