Virtual Presentation Best Practices
Very few skill sets are as valuable in business as the ability to create and deliver a powerful presentation. While presenting in person and virtually do have elements in common, there are certainly skills that are unique to the virtual environment. In this highly interactive course, you will explore the unique challenges and opportunities inherent in presenting virtually. You’ll learn best practices on: how to “show up” virtually with credibility, how to structure for interactivity, how to exploit the features (and avoid the pitfalls) of the virtual platform you’ll be delivering on, and how to engage and propel your audience forward on a journey to a destination that you define.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course will benefit anyone who wants to enhance their ability to deliver a compelling message with credibility and impact.
- Introductions and Social Agreements
- Course Structure
- Course Goals and Objectives
- Opening Activities
Key Considerations for Virtual Presentations
- Tools to Engage Your Audience
- The Five Deadly Sins of Presenting Virtually
- How to Show up with Credibility
- Mastering Your Virtual Set-Up
- Framing and Background
- Optimizing Connectivity
- Exploiting the Virtual Platform
- Designing for Interactivity
- Selected Virtual Platform Strengths and Weaknesses
Focusing on Your Audience
- Tailoring Your Message to Meet Your Audience’s Needs
- Conducting an Audience Needs Analysis
- Moving Beyond Demographics
- Audience Experience with Your Topics
- Hopes and Fears
- Problem You Can Solve
- Connecting with The Audience
- Creating Common Ground
- Building Attunement and Trust
- Clearly Defining the Call to Action
- Structuring for Success
- Setting Your Presentation Goal
- Writing Your Goal Statement
- Choosing Your Structure
- Enhancing Your Message
- Layering Data and Story
- Creating and Resolving Tension Through Contrast
- Openings That Capture and Drive Attention
- Delivering Your Opening
Enhancing Your Delivery
- Transforming Anxiety
- Your Body as Your Instrument
- Adding Vocal Variety
- Paraverbal Elements
- Posture and Energy Level
- Telling a Compelling Visual Story
- Guidelines for Visual Composition
- Images versus Text
- Slide versus Conversation
- Preparing for Questions
Giving Your Presentation
- Delivering Your Presentation
- Peer and Facilitator Feedback
- Your Personal Action Plan
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Certification / Credits
- Clearly state the goal of your presentation to produce the result you desire.
- Construct an effective presentation goal statement, opening, body, and closing that connect with an audience.
- Analyze an audience’s needs and style preferences.
- Deliver a complete criteria-based presentation that will persuade others.
- Align usage of visuals as well as verbal and nonverbal techniques to maximize the impact of your presentation.
- Utilize 10 effective ways to open a presentation.
- Follow an effective three-step process to close a presentation.
- Benefit from tips on delivery, including controlling nervousness, handling questions, and maintaining rapport.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...