Using Strategic Storytelling to Captivate Your Audience
Storytelling is central to human existence. We tell stories to make sense of our lives, to share information, to connect across time and space. Stories can influence, caution, excite, and inspire. They can also change attitudes and catalyze action. This highly interactive workshop will explore the use of storytelling in a business environment, interweaving neuroscience research, real-world examples, and – of course! – stories.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course is targeted toward anyone who wants to leverage dramatic structure and key elements of storytelling to:
- Deepen the connection with their audience.
- Amplify the impact of their message.
- Catalyze action.
Setting the Stage
- Workshop Goal and Objectives
- Opening Activities
- Partner Introductions
- Participant Expectations
Module 1: Storytelling: An Art and a Science
- Why Do We Tell Stories?
- Making Meaning Through Narrative
- The Neurobiology of Storytelling
- Oxytocin and Empathy
- Adrenaline and Dramatic Tension
- Dopamine and Resolution/Reward
- Leveraging Brain Science to Hook Your Audience
Module 2: Creating Your Content
- Exploring Your “Master Story”
- Setting Your Business Goal
- Activity: Identify Your Master Story and Business Goal
- Using Logic to Organize Your Story
- Story-Driven versus Premise-Driven Narratives
- The “Premise-Proof” Approach
- Freytag’s Pyramid – Dramatic Structure
- Employing Critical Story Elements
- Activity: Create a Story Board for Your Narrative
Module 3: Captivating Your Audience
- Analyzing Your Audience’s Needs
- Tailoring Your Message
- Adding Media to Your Story
- Guidelines for Visual Composition
- Creating Effective Transitions
- Keeping Your Audience Engaged
- Activity: Annotate Your Story Board
- Crafting Your “Elevator Speech”
- Activity: Pitch Your Story!
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...