Strategic Alignment of the Project Portfolio
Many organizations do not understand or focus on how their projects support the enterprise strategy. This can impede both progress and efficiency in achieving the organization’s goals. This course surveys important views of enterprise strategy and provides the tools and understanding necessary to keep projects on the correct organizational track. Projects that strategically align to organizational goals can significantly impact the life cycle return on investment and the ability to invest in projects.
Lectures, discussions, and exercises will familiarize participants with prioritizing projects and how best practices in strategic alignment can help ensure a project’s contribution to enterprise success.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Individuals who will benefit from this course include PMO directors, program directors, program managers, and senior project managers.
- Develop a common understanding of strategy, project portfolios, and portfolio alignment.
- Apply project evaluation, prioritization, and selection techniques to your existing project portfolio.
- Develop recommendations for improving the portfolio management process in your organization.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Course Overview, Agenda, Introductions
Module 2: Business Strategy
- Business Strategy Terms
Module 3: Business Analysis
- The Role of Business Analysis
- The Business Analysis Spectrum
- Business Analysis Activities
Module 4: Project Portfolios
- Goals of Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Models
Module 5: Balanced Scorecard
- Balanced Scorecard Views
Module 6: Project Selection and Alignment
- Non-Numeric Techniques
- Scoring Models
- Evaluating a Project Portfolio Using Scoring Models
Module 7: Summary and Closing
- Successful Project Portfolio Management Processes
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...