Interaction Skills for Impact and Influence
Individual and team success depends upon the ability of individuals to interact effectively with others, face-to-face as well as virtually. Every interaction with another person determines how you are perceived and every interaction is an opportunity to develop trust and exert positive influence.
This course develops your ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence, choosing responses that will lead to positive outcomes, tune in to your audience, and utilize a productive mindset to drive successful interactions. Your ability to create an environment for open discussion and ongoing dialogue is crucial for interpersonal success. The communications skills covered in this course will increase your ability to exercise choice and control for every type of conversation, influence without authority, and improve quality of relationships and productivity.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Individuals who will benefit from this course include managers, leaders, team members, individual contributors, and individuals whose success depends on the ability to communicate clearly.
- Develop well-defined goals for more effective communication.
- Create an open environment for communication.
- Build stronger relationships through powerful communication.
- Understand other people’s communication styles and needs.
- Facilitate effective team and meeting communications.
- Gain the confidence to deal with difficult communication situations.
Module 1: Set the Foundation
- Foundation Tools
- Interaction Success Factors
- Interaction Styles Self-Assessment
- Strengths, Challenges, Skills Development
- Team Interaction Exercise
Module 2: Principles for Interactions
- Six Principles to Guide Interactions
- Outcome Thinking
- Developing a Productive Mindset
- Communication Processes and Skills
- Building Rapport
- Listening for Understanding
- Listening Self-Assessment
- Build and Earn Trust
Module 3: Emotional Intelligence
- Five Competencies of Emotional Intelligence
- Personal and Professional Benefits
- Applying Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Abilities
Module 4: Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Best Practices
- DESC Model
- Constructive Feedback Practice
Module 5: Influencing Without Authority
- Expand Your Circle of Influence
- Influencing Skills
- Guidelines, Techniques, and Influencing Situations
- Practice Application: Influencing Exercise with Feedback
Module 6: Dealing with Difficulty/Managing Conflict
- Choice and Control Model
- Causes of Difficult Interactions
- Managing Conflict
- Conflict Styles
- Conflict Reactions
- CALM Model
- Conflict Situations Application Exercise
Module 7: Summary and Action Plans
- Plans for Ongoing Development
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2022
Each year, we select the top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.