Increase Your Energy and Productivity Using the Science of Timing and Focus
Do you find yourself distracted throughout the workday, quickly hitting the point of diminishing returns with mental clarity? Do you end your days drained of energy, or full of life? In this attention economy we inhabit, the ability to maintain focus and concentration is every bit as important as technical or management skills.
In this highly interactive session, you will discover why single-tasking during your hours of peak productivity is more effective than “multitasking” throughout the day. (You will also learn that human beings don’t multitask.) After identifying your chronotype, you’ll learn how to schedule your day to match tasks to the fluctuating pattern of energy and focus. You will explore mindfulness techniques as well as various tactics to minimize distractions and optimize your attention and mental clarity. Finally, you will learn that productivity is not about how much we produce, but how much we accomplish.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Individuals who will benefit from this course include anyone who wants to increase their time management skills.
Dealing with Distractions
- Opening Activities
- Your Typical Work Day
- Dispelling the Myth of multitasking
- Interruption Science and Productivity
- The Varied Costs of Disruption
- Sharpening Your Focus
- Minimizing Disruptions
- Embracing Mindfulness
Finding Your Best “When”
- Unmasking the Hidden Pattern of the Day
- Determining Your Chronotype
- Larks, Owls, and Third Birds
- Timing Is Everything: Structuring for Success
- Vigilance and Restorative Breaks
- Creating Your Personal Action Plan
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Certification / Credits
- Distinguish between multitasking and “switch-tasking.”
- Infer root causes of various real-life distractions.
- Explain psychological and physiological impacts of repeated switch-tasking.
- Identify concrete ways to mitigate internal and external disruptions.
- Utilize mindfulness techniques to strengthen focus.
- Leverage a scientific model to determine your hours of peak productivity.
- Structure your day to best exploit your fluctuating energy levels.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...