Hiring the Right People for the Right JobCorporate Education Group
Hiring the Right People for the Right Job
All available course dates
Hiring the Right People for the Right Job
Think of how much time, money, and energy is wasted trying to recover from a hiring mistake. The person is trained (and retrained) to do a job he or she may never be able to do. The person struggles to fit into the company culture, knowing that on some level the square peg may never fit into the round hole. Moral sinks and productivity plummets. It is better to hire right than to fix a hiring mistake, and this course will help you learn how. The program takes an all-encompassing approach to the interview and selection process: analyzing the job, asking pertinent questions, quantifying responses, and evaluating results.
Who should attend?
Anyone in the organization who is involved in the interviewing and hiring process
- Gain confidence in your ability to effectively interview candidates.
- Apply the interview process consistently with all candidates to avoid potential legal difficulties.
- Evaluate results based on objective grounds rather than on more subjective “gut” feelings or likeability factors.
- Find the right person for the job: match the person’s skills and abilities to the job, and ensure that the person is a good fit within the organization.
- Send a positive message to candidates on what it’s like to work in your organization through an organized and professional interview process.
- Avoid making hiring mistakes: reduce the enormous drain on time and resources by making the right hiring decisions.
Module 1: Introduction
- Individual activity: Establish personal learning objectives/outcomes
- Group Discussion: How is the hiring and selection process handled here? Who is involved? How effective is the process? What could be done differently to achieve better outcomes?
Module 2: Behavior Based Interviewing
- Behavior-based interviewing defined
- Group discussion: What is your experience as an interviewer? An interviewee?
- Explore the differences between traditional and behavior-based interviewing techniques
- Review the skills required to be an effective interviewer: active listening, asking probing questions
- Practice exercise: develop behavior-based questions
Module 3: The Hiring Process: Overview
- Review each phase of the hiring process: analyzing the job; planning the interview; conducting the interview; assessing the results; making the final decision; following up
Module 4: Analyzing the Job
- Analyze the job: Define the essential requirements of a job: cultural fit, job responsibilities, job competencies, work experience, education/background, and “knockout” factors, if applicable
- Individual exercise: Develop a job analysis and job description for your position
Module 5: Planning the Interview
- Introduce the interview game plan: define the role that each member of the interview team will play, what areas they are responsible for, and which questions they will ask the candidate during the interview based on their specific areas of expertise
- Group exercise: Develop a game plan for a (fictional) job opening
- Tips for screening resumes
Module 6: Conducting the Interview
- Group discussion re: personal dynamics: How do our biases, filters, and stereotypes affect the way we interview?
- Three parts to the interview: The warm-up, exploring the match, and the close
- Role play exercise: Practice interviewing, using behavior-based questions, asking probing follow-up questions and employing active listening skills
- Role Play debrief: Discuss experiences, challenges, and potential “do-overs”
Module 7: Assessing the Results
- Review the process for collecting and summarizing the interview results from each member of the interview team and providing feedback to the hiring manager
- Develop a strategic action plan
- Summarize key learning points
- Revisit participants’ learning objectives/outcomes
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Contact Corporate Education Group via the information request to inquire about course fees.
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) delivers talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to transform organizational performance. From assessments to advisory consulting, program design, training delivery, and measurement, we identify the right solutions to unlock business value....
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...