Certified Scrum Product Owner
Product ownership is the most important role in Scrum, as product owners turn efficient teams into effective teams by setting the proper direction. This training is focused on leadership skills required to effectively guide agile products and applications, including visualizing and balancing stakeholder needs, effective product portfolio and backlog strategies, delivering incremental value, and more.
Through an experiential, hands-on learning approach, attendees will learn about the importance of the product owner role, interactive techniques for developing innovative products, and guiding the team toward results with real business value.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for all product-oriented leaders including product managers, technical leaders, business sponsors and stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and other organizational leaders.
- Develop a shared understanding of why and how Scrum can benefit your team, project, and organization.
- Learn the scope of the product owner’s role in setting vision and guiding direction of a product or application.
- Explore techniques for engaging stakeholders, understanding value, and balancing their needs.
- Define a product portfolio to balance new functionality, discovered learning, and technical work.
- Create roadmaps, goals, epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria to articulate needs and communicate direction.
- Utilize visualization techniques to expose and address uncertainty and risk.
- Collaborate in the Scrum Team Sprint Cycle — Planning, Grooming, Daily Scrum,
- Review and Retrospective.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) Certification
- Two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- 14 PDUs from PMI® (Project Management Institute®)
- PMI-ACP: This course counts as 14 of the 21 contact hours needed to be eligible for the PMI® -ACP certification
Day 1 is a full-day simulation of Scrum by doing Scrum. The class is run as a Scrum project, and throughout the day teams will form, develop goals, build backlogs, and sprint multiple times as they learn not only what Scrum is, but get first-hand experience in doing it and understanding why it works.
Day 1 Topics:
- Agile History and Perspective
- Scrum Values and Framework
- Scrum Team Roles
- Product Backlog & Backlog Items
- Backlog Estimation & Ordering
- Sprint Cycle - Getting to Done
- Sprint Planning & Visual Sprint Boards
- Sprint Teaming and the Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review & Retrospective
- Scaling & Distributed Teams
- Learning Reflection
Day 2 is focused on the Scrum Product Owner role in being a single voice for stakeholders and identifying and delivering incremental value to them. Participants learn about and run through minimal viable products (MVPs) as a classroom experience in both learning and applying their trade. The workshop is focused in four MVP-style segments in introducing the role, delivering features, addressing uncertainty and feedback, and incorporating technical work in their products.
Day 2 Topics:
- Scrum Product Owner in a Nutshell
- Overview of the Role
- Stakeholders and Stakeholder Value Diversity
- An Impossible Problem
- Kano Model and Deciding What Stakeholders Want/Need
- Driving Features Through Roadmaps, Goals, Epics, Stories, and Acceptance
- Learning to Break Down Epics and Stories into Meaningful and Valuable Backlog
- Product Owner in Scrum Ceremonies
- Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Review, and Retrospective
- Maslov’s Conscience Competence Matrix
- How to Deal with the Unknown and Other Risks
- Leveraging Spikes to Validate Assumptions, Test Hypotheses, and Run
- Experiments to Learn Faster
- Iterating vs. Incrementing
- What They Are and When to Leverage Them
- Technical Backlog Items vs. Acceptance Criteria vs. Definition of Done
- Measuring Agile Team Productivity, Predictability, Quality, and Value
- Product Portfolio Pie
- Features, Feedback and Technical work balance
- Learning Reflection
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...