Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Art of Internal Audit Report Writing
Art of Internal Audit Report Writing - 1-day CPE Training by Corporate Compliance Seminars
Communication for the auditor is a fine art and, once perfected, can take on more importance than the audit itself. One of the primary responsibilities of the internal audit function is to communicate how an organization needs to change its behavior.
Persuasive communication is thus an essential skill for all auditors. Each internal audit activity carries with it the need to objectively communicate and operate within the elements of change. The auditor's communication skills start with an understanding of the stakeholders that are not "internal audit nerds". The auditor must use both oral and written communications to move the organization to better manage all risks.
CCS's training addresses the core elements to achieve organizational change. True change can occur when the audit function operates within the following elements: urgency, power, vision, open communications, openness to change, win-win goals and institutionalization of new behaviors.
Auditors will come out of this training with better oral and written communication skills. The presentation covers all types and levels of internal audit reporting. By participating in this course, auditors in all sectors and at all levels will learn what goes into an effective audit observation and how to organize reports that meet professional standards, elicit management action, and communicate crucial messages to executives and board-level readers.
In this highly interactive CPE seminar, you will learn how to eliminate the administrative burden of writing reports and produce reports that are easy to write, easy to read, and easy to understand.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand how to organize audit reports
- See how to write with greater clarity
- Learn how to present complex information simply for readers to comprehend
- Understand the importance of the purpose of report before they begin writing
- Recognize the needs of your audience
- Learn how to use illustrations
- Produce final drafts to make the "write" impression with your superiors.
Who should attend?
This timely, one-day CPE seminar is designed for internal auditors and others who have to create effective business and audit reports. With Corporate Compliance Seminars’ small learning group approach, the needs of each attendee are covered.
The content of this course is broken up into the following sections:
- Section 1 - Introduction and Overview
- Top Challenges with Audits and Reports
- Magnificent Seven of Audit Reporting
- Auditor Skills: People, Time Management and Demeanor - What is a "Report"?
- Auditor Guidance from the "Standards"
- Section 2 - Effective Audit Communications
- The dilemma
- Audit communication skills - planning conducting concluding
- Know the audience
- Organize content for the human
- Audience adaptation
- Situation Problem Implication Needs to be done
- Section 3 - Components of the Audit Report
- The Audit Life Cycle
- Procedure Evidence Reporting
- Executive Needs
- Auditor Needs
- Audit Findings
- Audit Recommendations
- Section 4 - High Level Focus: Executive Summary
- Big Issues Accomplishments
- Section 5 - The Hard Facts: Audit Findings
- Testing Controls
- Risk Ranked Findings
- Effective Audit Findings
- Section 6 - Recommendations and Corrective Action
- IIA Standard 2410
- S.M.A.R.T. Recommendations
- Best Practices
- Section 7 - Audit Opinions and Risk Factors
- Big Impact!!
- Audit Rating, Score or Grade
- Rating with the "Internal Control Maturity Model
- Section 8 - Audit Report Formatting
- Type Faces and Sizes
- Text Justification
- Formats for "Findings" Sections
- Specialized Reporting
- Section 9 - Optimizing the Audit Reporting
- Visual Presentation
- Structure, Content and Organization
- Transitions, Flow and Coherence
- Sentences and Paragraphs
- Conciseness and "Word Economy"
- Proof Reading and Peer-Reviews
- Section 10 - Summary and Wrap-Up
Students will receive 8 Auditing CPE hours at the end of this course.
The cost of this course is $495 per person.
Provider: Corporate Compliance Seminars
Corporate Compliance Seminars (CCS) - Auditing, Accounting, Compliance and IT Training
Corporate Compliance Seminars (CCS) is the premier provider of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) seminars. We specialize in auditing, risk management, compliance, internal controls, security, assurance services and other related topics to accounting and IT. We are focused on the needs of our attendees by providing high...