Technical Writing Fundamentals (Online)
Students will learn the process of technical writing through hands-on projects that include identifying the audience, organizing content, document revision and document design. This online, self-paced course covers an assortment of writing styles, including web writing, definitions, descriptions, instructions, reports and basic business communication. (180 days to complete course)
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify how technical writing is used, and the processes and teams involved in technical writing.
- Create a plan to analyze readers and organize documents.
- Choose tone, organization and format for writing letters, memos and emails.
- Plan the organization of documents and make revisions to style and language.
- Organize and plan web writing.
- Plan and write definitions and descriptions.
- Plan and write documents that explain procedures.
- Plan and write short and long reports.
- Write resumes and prepare oral reports.
- Create a portfolio of technical writing projects completed in the course.
The cost of this training course includes all course materials.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...