State Tested Nursing Assistant Training Program
If you are a caring individual who enjoys helping people, the STNA position is for you. Working with patients who need your assistance and care will provide a sense of purpose at work. Are you looking for a rewarding career where you are able to help others live a more fulfilling life? If so, train for this in-demand health career through our Ohio Department of Health approved training program. After completion of this class, you will be qualified to work in nursing homes, hospitals, home care, hospice, assisted living, and as independent providers. Register Today with Tri-C!
This course can also be offered virtually. Please contact Corporate College to learn more.
Who should attend?
- High School Diploma/GED preferred or in progress. Current high school students welcomed!
- Recommended: Math 6th grade level and Reading 8th grade level.
- There are no course prerequisites for the program.
- Successfully pass fingerprint and background check – Required prior to clinicals.
- Completion of immunization requirements: 2 Step TB testing and Influenza (seasonal only) prior to clinicals.
Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) – Standards, Guidelines and more:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Mental Health and Social Service Needs
- Resident Rights
- Infection Control
- Safety & Emergency
- Restorative Services
- Basic Nursing Skills
- Personal Care Skills
- State Exam Preparation
- Integrated Career & Job Readiness
The cost of this training course includes all course materials and a subject matter expert instructor.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
- Basic Life Support CPR certification for health care providers.
- Clinical: 16 hours may be held on one Saturday and Sunday (7am – 3:30pm). Clinical days vary by class.
- Mandatory Skills Review Session just prior to State Test – students may attend as many times as they choose.
- Eligible to take the Ohio Department of Health Nurse Aide Competency Exam for certification.
- Onsite State Testing. Scheduled by STNA Preceptor. The 1st attempt is included in the cost.
- Career Day & Graduation Ceremony.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...