Professional Business Writing
In the workplace, your writing speaks volumes about you. Whether you are writing a three-line email or a multipage report, you need to write in a polished, professional way. This course reviews the principles of written communication in the workplace. The course introduces students to common formats such as the memo, letter and report and helps students improve their writing skills to gain greater mastery of grammar, mechanics and style.
This course can also be offered virtually. Please contact Corporate College to learn more.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Define good writing
- Explain why good writing is important to one's career success
- Describe the components of reader-centered writing
- Explain the visual components that enhance an email message and make for easy reading
- Create an email subject line that accurately describes the purpose and content of the message
- List and describe the main parts of speech (noun, verb, adjective, adverb)
- Explain the difference between a sentence fragment and a complete sentence
- Identify common grammar guidelines that should always be used when writing work-related emails, reports or other documents
- State the most common mistakes made in business writing
- Write without making the most common mistakes
- Identify situations in which email or written communication is inappropriate and identify appropriate alternatives (e.g., in-person, conference call, meeting)
- Write a clear, concise email to a coworker or manager
- Create and use an editing/proofreading checklist
The cost of this training course includes all course materials and a subject matter expert instructor
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Competion with CEUs
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...