Comprehensive Tax Course with Business Package (Online)
Develop the skills needed to prepare tax returns for most Form 1040 individual, non-business taxpayers and small business taxpayers (self-employed/Schedule C) and learn how to research tax issues. This CTEC and OBTP-approved online, self-paced course includes a tax business start-up guide. (6 months to complete course)
- General material
- Standard deduction and exemptions
- Interest and dividend income
- Earned income credit
- Tax credits (child care and others)
- Retirement income and other types of income
- Adjustments to income
- Electronic filing
- Employee business expense and miscellaneous itemized deductions
- Education tax benefits
- Capital gains and losses
- Depreciation and disposition of business property
- Self-employment income
- Rental property
- Farm income
- Alternative minimum tax, less common credits and penalties
- Payments, extensions and amended returns
- Ethics and responsibilities of tax professionals
The cost of this training course includes all course materials.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Prepare most business and non-business individual tax returns.
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer.
- Determine a taxpayer's filing status and eligibility for exemptions.
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer.
- Determine a taxpayer's eligibility for credits and deductions.
- Compute income for Schedules C, E and F.
- Determine depreciation deductions and eligibility for Section 179.
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer's refund or balance due.
- Advise a taxpayer in tax-planning strategies.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...