CIW User Interface Designer (Online)
The CIW User Interface Designer is the second online, self-paced course in the CIW Web and Mobile Design series. In this course, you will learn about the strategies and tactics necessary to design user interfaces, with particular emphasis on creating user interfaces for mobile devices. You will study how to apply essential usability concepts, including clarity, ease of use, simplicity and detectability. You will learn how information obtained from the client, sales and marketing is utilized to design and develop compelling visual-experience websites for multiple platforms, including mobile, tablet and desktop.
In addition, you will learn more about wireframes, color schemes, tones, design templates, formatting and typography. This course builds upon your abilities to implement user analysis techniques, usability testing procedures and the vital role of testing to publish and maintain a website. Finally, you will study branding considerations and responsive design implementation in relation to the user-interface design of websites. (12 months to complete course)
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
The CIW User Interface Designer courseware requires an understanding HTML5 and CSS3 coding. Suggested prerequisites are the CIW Site Development Associate course and the CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist course, or equivalent knowledge.
- Web designers
- Internet consultants
- IT professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Web and graphic artists
- Business professionals
- Obtain information from the client, including obtaining detailed information from relevant parties (e.g., sales and marketing).
- Create a wireframe.
- Deploy appropriate color schemes and tones.
- Describe and use current typical design templates.
- Summarize proper use of formatting and typography.
- Recognize user analysis techniques.
- Apply essential usability concepts, including clarity, ease of use, simplicity, detectability and typography.
- Describe usability testing procedures, including the importance of testing.
- Design for multiple platforms (e.g., mobile phone, tablet and desktop).
- Identify elements that make a compelling visual experience.
- Discuss branding considerations in relation to user-interface design.
- Implement responsive design (e.g., progressive enhancement and feature detection).
- Design pages for a cloud-based storefront.
- Introduction to User Interface Design
- User Interface Design Process
- User-Centered Web Design
- User Interface Design Principles and Legal Guidelines
- Color, Typography, Layout and Wireframing
- Designing a Basic Web Site
- Navigation Concepts
- Designing and Developing a Professional Website
- Site Publishing, Maintenance, Security and SEO Strategies
The cost of this training course includes all course materials.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
The CIW User Interface Designer course prepares candidates to take the CIW User Interface Designer exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW User Interface Designer certification.
About Cuyahoga Community College
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team