Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE) (Online)
Learn how to investigate cybercrime! This online course goes in-depth with the tools, techniques and processes used by forensics examiners to find, identify, preserve, extract, analyze and report forensic evidence on computers. You will learn about the challenges of computer forensics, walk through the process of analysis and examination of operating systems, and gain a deep understanding of differences in evidence locations and examination techniques on Windows and Linux computers. More than 30 labs simulating real cybercrime investigation provide you with practical experience using commercial and open-source forensic tools. (12 months to complete course)
The courses also prepares you to become a Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE).
Who should attend?
Students must have no criminal record. Basic computer skills, including the ability or desire to work outside the Windows GUI interface, are necessary. A+ certification and/or similar training and experience is not required, but recommended.
This is a very in-depth training course and is not intended for individuals who have limited or no computer skills.
Upon completion, participants will be able to understand:
- Provisions of IT law.
- Complex technical forensics concepts.
- How to apply forensics concepts to investigations.
- Evidence-handling procedures and the general rules of evidence.
- Key technologies used in computers.
- Full range of computer forensics tools.
- Acquiring forensic evidence.
- Locating forensic artifacts in various operating systems.
- Analyzing extracted evidence.
- Properly reporting findings.
- Skills needed to track an offender on the internet.
- How to work with law enforcement.
- How to design an incident response strategy.
The cost of this training course includes all course materials.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...