Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Prep (Online)
This online, self-paced course provides entry-level project managers with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully complete the Project Management Institute’s nationally recognized Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam. This credential is considered the standard of excellence in the field of project management and is often a requirement for jobs in the field. This comprehensive course uses learning activities, practice exams and assignments to help students prepare for and successfully complete the CAPM exam. (12 months to complete course)
Lesson One: Introduction to Project Management and the PMBOK Guide
Lesson Two: Organizational Influences and Project Life Cycle
Lesson Three: Project Management Processes and Project Integration Management
Lesson Four: Project Scope Management
Lesson Five: Project Schedule Management
Lesson Six: Project Cost Management
Lesson Seven: Project Quality Management
Lesson Eight: Project Resource Management
Lesson Nine: Project Communications and Project Risk Management
Lesson Ten: Project Procurement Management
Lesson Eleven: Agile Practices Guide
The cost of this training course includes all course materials.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of project management, organizational project management maturity and the PMP® certification process.
- Identify the nine knowledge areas of PMI’s Guide to the PMBOK® 6e.
- Describe the project management process from Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, to Closing.
- Identify the 49 key processes of project management and how they relate.
- Describe projects and project management disciplines.
- Identify the steps taken when initiating a project.
- Describe how to plan project work.
- Develop project schedules, cost estimates and budgets.
- Explain how to plan project quality, staffing and communications.
- Describe the process for monitoring and controlling project work, schedules, costs, quality, staffing and communications.
- Explain how to monitor and control project risks and procurement tasks (e.g., contracts).
- Explore the Agile Practices Guide for an introductory-level understanding of iterative approaches.
- Demonstrate skill in selecting best approach (iterative or traditional) for a given project.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...