Business Writing for Busy Professionals (Online)
Learn strategies for writing documents faster and better. This course demonstrates how to customize your documents for a specific reader and to accomplish your writing purpose. You will discover ways to create documents when time is limited. You will also master models to organize and format letters, emails and reports in order to them clear, direct, and reader friendly. Conversational writing style and parallel structure will also be covered. (180 days to complete course)
This course contains the following lessons:
- Understanding the Demand for Good Writing
- Being Explicit, Clear and Concise
- Rhythm and Organization
- Putting it All Together
- Tone and Grammar
- Edit, Rewrite and Refine
- Master the Documents You Use Most
- Improving Workers' Writing Skills
The cost of this training course includes all course materials and a subject matter expert instructor.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the value of good writing.
- Write explicit, clear and concise content that grabs the reader's attention.
- Write content with rhythm and organization.
- Create a document that represents the best application of the skills they have learned in this course.
- Identify which tone to use for different messages and fix common grammar errors.
- Identify the stages of the editing process.
- Identify ways to improve common business documents.
- Identify ways managers can improve worker's writing skills.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...